Acceptance of the rules is a condition of entry and entry instructions form part of the rules. Entry indicates acceptance of rules.
Want to know what we do with your data?
These Terms & Conditions refer to the Costcutter Supermarket Group’s ‘Goals Celebrations Competition’ social video competition.
1. Terms & Conditions:
• Costcutter Supermarkets Group will also be referred to as the Promoter within these Terms & Conditions.
• Promoter: Costcutter Supermarkets Group, (Reg. No. 2059678), Harvest Mills, Common Road, York,YO19 5RY
• The competition is open only to residents of the UK, and entrants are subject to acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
• The competition is open to all ages, however submissions from Participants must be 18+ and must be a parent or a legal guardian of if entering on behalf of a child.
• Participants can enter for each child if they have more than 1 but it must be with a different video or image.
• The Promoter reserves the right to contact an entrant for further clarification and verification on this where required.
• Entries on behalf of another person will only be accepted if you have their permission.
• The winning competition entry will be chosen by a panel of judges and entries will be judge on the following criteria: creativity, choreography, passion, uniqueness and fun.
• By entering this competition all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms & Conditions. All entry instructions form part of these Terms & Conditions.
• The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Wishpond.
• This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. The information you provide will only be used for the competition by Costcutter, not Twitter or Facebook.
• By entering the competition all participants accept that they will have no claim against Costcutter, Wishpond, Facebook or Twitter whatsoever and agree to give Costcutter, Wishpond, Facebook or Twitter a complete liability release from any and all legal liability in connection with the promotion.
• Employees or agencies of Costcutter Supermarkets Group, their family members, or anyone else professionally connected with the Promoter or promotion may enter the competition but they will not be selected as a winner.
• Costcutter Supermarkets Group accepts no liability or responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete or undelivered, nor any liability for technical errors or communication failures in networks and/or internet access or for any other reason. Proof of submitting an entry will not be accepted as proof of receipt by the Promoter.
• Costcutter Supermarkets Group and partners reserves the right at any time to change, update or amend these Terms & Conditions. An updated version of the Terms and Conditions would be published as soon as possible.
• The Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to amend, discontinue, temporarily or permanently withdraw this competition and these Terms & Conditions without prior notice due to reasons outside their control, and the entrant agrees that no liability shall be attached to the Promoter as a result thereof.
• The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion and these Terms and Conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the Promoter’s control. Any changes to the promotion will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoter.
• This promotion and these Terms & Conditions of entry are governed by UK Law and the courts of the UK shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of or in connection with this promotion.
2. Competition details:
• The promotion begins at 12:00pm GMT on 2nd June 2016 and closes at 12:00pm GMT on 13th July at 12:00pm. The Winner will be announced in the days following this closing date.
• All entries must be submitted between these dates. Any entries received before or after this closing date will not be accepted.
• There are 2 entry methods:
o To enter please submit your entry via the competition page http://www.costcutter.co.uk/competitions/celebration-competition/.
o The hashtag #LoveSummerDeals must be included when posting your entered photo submission to the Costcutter Supermarkets Group Social pages. (see entry requirements section 3 for full details).
• Incomplete entries and joint or syndicate entries will not be accepted.
• Only one entry can be accepted per person. In the event of a duplicate of the same entry, only the first submitted entry will be considered for the competition.
• Entries should be the sole original image/video by the entrant. Any evidence of plagiarism and theft of images/videos may result in the entrant being removed from the competition.
• Images and videos that fulfil the criteria laid out in the Terms and Conditions will be transferred by the promoter to be displayed in the competition online gallery or displayed on our social media pages. Entrants whose videos do not fulfil the criteria will not appear in the gallery.
• Costcutter Supermarkets Group is not obliged to publish or promote every submitted entry via their social media pages.
• The promoter reserves the right to refuse any entry that is believed to be in breach of the Terms and Conditions.
• As entry videos/images may be displayed in marketing material which will be in the public domain, entrants must ensure that only suitable video/image material is uploaded.
• Entries will not be considered as part of this promotion if, at the sole discretion of costcutter.co.uk, they contain language or images that are in any way threatening, abusive, offensive, defamatory, invasive of another’s privacy, in breach of confidence, embarrassing to any person or likely to deceive any person, hateful, bullying, blasphemous, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, threatening, or racist, sexist, ethnically discriminatory or otherwise objectionable or which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence or otherwise contrary to and violate any law.
• Entries must not contain any material which is defamatory of any person, or is obscene, offensive, discriminatory, illegal, hateful or inflammatory; be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any other person. Costcutter Supermarkets Group reserves the right to refuse any entry which it considers contravenes these provisions or for any other reason at its absolute discretion.
• Entrants warrant that any videos/images submitted are their own or have gained permission and that the entrant owns the copyright and any other relevant rights in such image, and that they will hold Costcutter Supermarkets Group and its agencies harmless in relation to any third party claims relating to such rights.
• You will retain full copyright for your content and wherever possible credited and referenced for your entry within this competition.
• The entrant agrees to the use of their submission being used for further promotional purposes by the Costcutter Supermarket Group, and for any PR purposes, which may arise regarding the competition.
3. Competition entry requirements:
• Entrants can submit images to the competition gallery or they can also be shared by the entrant or the promoter on Costcutter Supermarkets Group’s social media pages.
• The submission post via the gallery requires:
1. Your name
2. Your nearest city
3. A photo
• Your email address- for Costcutter Supermarkets Group to contact you if you win (this will not be disclosed online).
• Entrants can also then post their submitted photo or video with the hashtag #LoveSummerDeals to either:
1. twitter.com/costcutter (@costcutter)
• The hashtag #LoveSummerDeals must be included in the social posts, for inclusion in the competition.
• Social profiles must belong to yourself and can be posted from your personal account.
• Entries must be submitted and live by the closing date of 12pm, 13th July 2016.
• You can enter an image/video of your goal celebration from any time in the past.
• Any copied or stolen images or videos from a source which is not your own will be disqualified.
• All photos and videos will be subject to moderation and approval before being placed into a gallery or may be removed from our pages if they do not meet our terms and conditions. This may take a few days.
• Entrants must only upload images or videos that do not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, ownership, copyrights, trademarks, patents, logos, licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy or any other intellectual property rights.
• Participants warrant that any person featured in their photo has given their express verbal permission and any entrant (aged under 18 years) has parental or guardian consent to enter or be shown in the entry photos.
• The winner will be selected by a judging panel.
• The competition prize is eligible only to entrants living in the UK, and entrants must have full ownership of the image or video submitted.
• By entering and submitting your photos or videos you agree for your content to be displayed by Costcutter Supermarkets Group on the competition page gallery, on Costcutter Supermarkets Group’s social media pages, or in any further promotional social posts or promotional material during or after the competition.
• By submitting a photo or video to the competition you consent to Costcutter Supermarkets Group or adding marketing or design collateral to submitted images, and cropping them in any way the Promoter sees fit.
• Entry photos must not:
1. Be deemed unsuitable, offensive, obscene or about hate.
2. Show nudity.
3. Show children without parent or guardian consent.
4. Show children who are not fully covered.
5. Contain excessive branding.
6. Be violent or negative to entrants or of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group.
7. Promote the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons, any activities that are illegal, unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message.
8. Defame, misrepresent or contain negative remarks about the promoter or its products, or other people, products or companies.
9. Contain trademarks owned by others or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as licence plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses.
4. Safety and precautions:
• Costcutter Supermarkets Group will not be liable for any accidents or injuries to the entrants or other parties sustained as a result of this competition.
• By entering the competition the participant agrees to release the Promoter from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the promotion or with the acceptance, possession, attendance at or use of any prize (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
• Please only send an entry which you are happy to be included on our social pages and in our online gallery.
5. Competition winners:
• There will be 1 winner
• The competition winner will be selected based on the content that best satisfies the criteria listed in the Terms & Conditions.
• The competition winner will be selected by an internal judging panel, based on the criteria listed in the Terms and Conditions and the adherce to the Terms & Conditions.
• The winners will be selected by Costcutter Supermarkets Group after the closing date of 12pm 13th July 2016 and notified as soon as possible thereafter.
• The winners will be notified by email or direct messages. All entrants must ensure they provide a valid email address with their or entry or if submitting via social media they are contactable by direct message, any information provided will not be published online or sold to third parties.
• The prizes for the winner consists of: x 1 football kit for their local team worth £500 - including x 15 shirts, x 15 pairs of socks, x 15 shorts - with numbers printed and the Costcutter/Mace/kwiksave/SuperShop company logo on the front. The kits will be produced by a supplier of Costcutter Supermarkets Groups choice.
• Prizes will be issued as soon as reasonably practicable following notification, however the winner should allow for at least 4 weeks before they receive their prize.
• In the event of unforeseen circumstances or availability the promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize or provide alternative prizes of equal or greater value without giving notice.
• The prizes are non-transferable.
• In all cases the promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence about this decision will be entered into.
• To ensure fairness and the integrity of the promotion to all participants, the Promoter will not enter into discussions regarding the running of this promotion via Wishpond, Facebook or Twitter or through direct contact.
• Any entrant posting or seen to be posting comments, images to Costcutter Supermarkets Group’s websites, Facebook or Twitter pages, or elsewhere during the competition that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other contestants or directly aimed at the entrants or models featured in the entrant’s photo submission, or the Promoter and/or intended to damage the reputation or goodwill of Costcutter Supermarkets Group will have their comments removed and will be disqualified from the competition. We reserve the right to alert Facebook and Twitter to any such behaviour and you may have your account frozen pending investigation.
• If the promoter is unable to contact the prize winners within 30 days of the winner being announced (having taken reasonable steps to do so), the prize will be forfeited. A new prize winner will then be selected by the judge from remaining entries.
• Losing entries will not receive any notification.
• Winners will be notified via email requesting the necessary details via email for the delivery of the prize. These subsequent contact details will be treated with the utmost care in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and will not be re-used for promotional material or sold to any third parties.
• By entering this competition and submitting your email address you have opted into future communication from the promoter via email.
• The winners will be promoted on Costcutter Supermarkets Group’s social media pages, including Facebook and Twitter, along with their winning photo.
• It is a condition of entry that all Terms and Conditions are accepted as final and all entrants agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
• By taking part and submitting an entry, entrants agree to the use of their photo submission by Costcutter Supermarkets Group (and its advertising, promotion and other agencies) to use in its advertising, marketing, publicity or promotional materials. Entrants therefore grant a worldwide licence to the use of their photo submission and all personal details included.
• All photos will be publicly available, both online and in print through media coverage, and entrants agree for their entry image to be used in this way and in further promotions by Costcutter Supermarkets Group.
• Entrants agree to take part in any post-competition publicity, including photography, video interviews and telephone interviews. Entrants may also on occasion, be asked to provide journalists with personal details such as name and occupation.
• By entering this competition entrants agree to participate in media interviews should it be requested.
• By entering the competition, entrants agree that Costcutter Supermarkets Group can collect, save and process the personal data and images provided, in media relations and social media, for the sole purposes of the competition.
• Entrants confirm that they are the owner of the photo and therefore able to grant this licence to use it, and entrants are also providing giving permission on behalf of themselves, their family, friends and others who are seen in the photo and entrants confirm that they agree to this licence.
• If requested by Costcutter Supermarkets Group, entrants agree to sign (and arrange for the others in the photo to sign) any documents to confirm this.
• Entrants agree that the photo is original and is not a copy of anyone else’s, and the use of the photo will not infringe any rights (such as intellectual property, privacy, confidentiality or data protection) belonging to others, and the details you submit are true.
• This permission, from the entrant and model, covers all forms of use including without limit television, print, online (including Costcutter Supermarkets Group’s websites and social channels), newspapers, magazines, digital and social media and all other forms of media now and in the future anywhere in the world.
• The licence is royalty-free, irrevocable and the period of usage is unlimited.
• Entrants hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold Costcutter Supermarkets Group harmless from and against any and all losses, and all claims by third parties, resulting from an entrant’s breach of any of these terms and conditions.
• Costcutter Supermarkets Group shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winner under these terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation; delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood and natural catastrophes. Without prejudice to the foregoing, neither the Promoter nor its partners shall be liable for damage of any nature suffered from (or in connection with) participating in the Promotion and/or prize, to the extent permitted by law.
• If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify these Terms and Conditions or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.