Makes 6, 15 minutes preparation, 5 minutes cooking
Thanks to our simple recipe you can make these classic Bonfire Night treats in minutes.
- 6 medium sweet-tart apples
- 6 wooden lolly sticks
- 450g semisweet chocolate cut into chunks
- Hundreds and thousands
- Twist off the stems from the apples and push a lolly stick down into the core. Put the apples in the fridge while preparing the chocolate.
- Slowly melt the chocolate in a double boiler over hot water, stirring halfway through the heating time to smooth it out. Remove from the heat and stir until completely melted and warm, not hot. Dunk each apple into the chocolate, allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl. Roll the apples around in the chocolate, turning with the stick, so it's coated all the way up to the top.
- Put the hundreds and thousands in a bowl and roll the dipped apple around so it is completely covered. Set the chocolate dipped apples onto wax paper. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set.