Serves 4 - 6, 5 minutes preparation, 25 minutes cooking
A traditional holiday treats of hot, sweet, spicy wine that is perfect for warming you up.
- One bottle (750ml) of red wine
- One peeled and sliced orange (keep peel to add zest to pot)
- 1/4 cup of brandy
- 8-10 cloves
- 1/3 cup honey or sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated or 2 tsp ground ginger
- Combine all the ingredients in either a large pot. Gently warm the ingredients on low to medium heat (avoid boiling), for 20-25 minutes.
- Stir occasionally to make sure that the honey or sugar has completely dissolved.
- When the wine is steaming serve in mugs and enjoy.