Makes 1 loaf, 10mins preparation, 35mins cooking
This loaf is very simple to make and tastes delicious with a little butter and served with a cup of tea! You can bake it as one large loaf or, for bite-sized morsels you can bake in a cake/muffin tin instead to make mini banana cakes.
- 460g very ripe bananas (this recipe is a great way to use up over-ripe bananas)
- 110g vegetable oil
- 140g melted butter
- 460g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 460g plain white flour
- 20g baking powder
- ½tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 170C.
2. Beat the bananas, oil and butter together in a large bowl using a wooden spoon.
3. Once these ingredients have been combined, add the sugar and eggs then mix until smooth.
4. Add all the dry ingredients and mix well – make sure there are no lumps! - then place the mixture into a large loaf tin or into a muffin/fairy cake tin and bake for 35minutes
5. Once baked turn the loaf/cakes out onto a cooling wire and once cool dust the loaf with icing sugar using a sieve.