Serves 6, 1-2 hours Preparation
When life gives you Ribena, make Ribena mousse! Ok, not so catchy, but it's a delicious and a refreshing way to enjoy the popular drink. Try our recipe, enjoyable at any age!
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 200ml Ribena Blackcurrant juice
- 100g Blackcurrants
- 3 pieces of Gelatine
- 100ml Double Cream
- 2 large Egg Whites
- In a small bowl dissolve the Gelatine in hot water for 10-15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan simmer the Sugar and Blackcurrants and Blackcurrant juice for 5 minutes until the sugar has dissolved and the blackcurrants have softened.
- Pour the Blackcurrant mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the whipped Double Cream and the Gelatine and mix until smooth.
- Separate the Egg Whites and beat until stiff white peaks can be formed.
- Gently fold in and combine the egg whites to the mousse mixture.
- Place the mousse mixture into the fridge and allow to chill for 1-2 hours, then serve.