Makes 12 biscuits, 10mins prep, 10mins cooking
Bake our easy Chocolate Chip Cookies using your favourite type of chocolate – white, milk and dark are all delicious – and enjoy as a teatime treat. They also make a perfect home made gift that is sure to impress your friends and family, just make sure you keep some for yourself as they are delicious!
- 350g plain white flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 225g butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 175 soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 350g chocolate chips, choose from white, milk or plain (or combine all three!)
- 1tsp vanilla extract, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In another bowl, cream the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract if you are using it until smooth.
4. When combined beat in the eggs. Gradually beat in the flour mixture into the bowl with the butter, eggs and sugar. When all the ingredients have been combined stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Split the pliable dough into two halves, rolling each out into sausage shapes, approximately 5cm in diameter. Wrap them in cling film and transfer to the refrigerator until ready to use or for around 10-15 minutes to allow to harden slightly.
6. When you are ready to bake the cookies, simply cut the log into slices 2cm thick and lay on a baking tray lined with baking powder, widely spaced apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.