Serves 6, 15 minutes Preparation, 30 minutes Cooking
Our recipe for warming Raspberry and Apple Crumble has it all; tangy raspberries, comforting cooked apples and an extra thick, crunchy topping! Serve with custard, cream or vanilla ice cream for a true after-dinner treat!
Ingredients:For the Crumble topping:
- 250g Flour
- 200g Unsalted Butter
- 150g Porridge Oats
- 100g Brown Sugar and extra for sprinkling on top
- 2 large Bramley Apples
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- 500g Raspberries
- 200g Caster Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas mark 6.
- To prepare the filling, peel and slice the Bramley Apples into pieces.
- Place the apple into a saucepan and Butter and cook on a low heat for 7 minutes
- Add in the Raspberries and sprinkle on the Caster Sugar and continue to cook on a low heat until the mix turns soft.
- To prepare the crumble topping, in a large mixing bowl mix together the Butter, Brown Sugar, Porridge Oats and Flour until it resemble breadcrumbs.
- Spoon the filling into a large oven proof dish and pour the crumble topping on, spreading to the edges evenly.
- Sprinkle a little brown sugar over the crumble topping.
- Place the crumble in the oven and cook for 15 minutes until the topping has turned a light golden brown and the sugar has caramelised.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and serve the Raspberry and Apple Crumble with custard, cream or vanilla ice cream.