Makes 12 biscuits, 10mins prep, 15-20 mins cooking
Our delicious, buttery Shortbread biscuits are the perfect accompaniment to a nice cup or tea or coffee and will go down a storm in the office if you feel like sharing!
- 150g plain white flour
- 100g butter
- 50g caster sugar
- pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Sieve together the flour and salt, then mix together with the butter and sugar using a wooden spoon to form a smooth paste.
3. Roll out the mixture on a floured surface to approx ½ cm thick and cut into your chosen shape.
4. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper (or a silicone mat if you have onw) and mark with a fork if so desired – if gives a nice professional look.
5. Bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes until the biscuits are a light brown colour. Once cooked place on a cooling wire and sprinkle with sugar.