Serves 4, 30 minutes preparation, minimum 6 hours freezing time
A quick and easy ice-cream recipe your kids can help you make that goes perfectly with your favourite hot desserts or with fruit and chocolate sauce.
- 500g pot of good-quality vanilla custard
- 284ml carton double cream
To churn in an ice cream machine:
- In a bowl, mix the ingredients well together until combined.
- Churn in the ice-cream machine until scoopable.
- Transfer to a freezer container and freeze until needed – minimum 6 hours.
To churn by hand:
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl and freeze in the bowl for about 90 mins until it starts to freeze around the edges. Stir well and return the mixture to the freezer.
- Repeat the process two or three more times until the mix is smooth and frozen.
- Keep frozen in a suitable container until needed.