Serves 6, Preparation 10 minutes, 15 minutes Cooking
Welcome the sunshine in with a refreshing glass or two of Homemade Lemonade. Served ice cold with ice and mint, pop in a little drinks umbrella for some retro fun!
- 8 Lemons, juice and zest
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1 litre Boiling Water
- 150g Sugar
- Sparkling Water, to top up
- Sprigs of Fresh Mint
- Ice cubes, to preference
- Juice and grate the zest of the 8 Lemons into a large jug or pitcher.
- Slice the remaining 2 lemons and add these to a pan of boiling water.
- Mix in the Sugar and stir until fully dissolved, and then allow to cool.
- Pour the lemon mixture into the pitcher.
- Pour in the Sparkling Water to top off the Lemonade, tasting as you pour and adding to your taste.
- Add in the Ice and garnish the Homemade Lemonade with sprigs of Fresh Mint and slices of lemon, for an extra refreshing, summer taste.