Serves 1, 5 minutes preparation, 5 minutes cooking
A quick and easy lunch or dinner for one. The tomatoes and spinach soften easily in the microwave and the cheese melts to create a sauce and give the consistency of risotto. Also add whatever else you have on hand that cooks easily, such as mushrooms, spring onions or fresh herbs.
- 1 (250g) pouch '2-minute' microwavable brown rice
- 8 or 10 cherry tomatoes
- a handful (about 20g) fresh spinach leaves
- 40g mozzarella or parmesan cheese, cubed
- salt and pepper
- Transfer the brown rice to a microwave safe dish. Add tomatoes, spinach and mozarella cubes. Mix well.
- Cover the bowl with a piece of damp kitchen roll. Microwave for 2 minutes, remove and stir well. Season well with salt and pepper and eat immediately.