Makes 12, 15 minutes preparation, 30 minutes cooking
Our granola bars are great for brekkie on the go or as lunchbox treats - yummy, healthy and ideal for snacking.
- 100g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 200g porridge oats
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 50g sesame seeds
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 3 tbsp runny, clear honey
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g dried cranberries, cherries or blueberries, or a mixture
- Heat oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Butter and line the base of a 18 x 25cm tin.
- Mix the oats, seeds and nuts in a different, ungreased and unlined roasting tin, then put in the oven for 5-10 mins to toast. This will give the bars a delicious nutty flavour.
- Meanwhile, warm the butter, honey and sugar in a pan, stirring until butter is melted. Add the oat mix, cinnamon and dried fruit, then mix until all the oats are well coated. Tip into the tin, press down lightly, then bake for 30 mins. Cool in tin, then cut into 12 bars.