Serves 3, 5 minutes preparation, 15 minutes cooking
This dish will provide you with a perfect energy boosting start to the day but it is also great for a light lunch or tea.
- 6 eggs
- 3tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 slices of wholegrain bread
- 1 and 1/2 - 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish, optional
- Crack the eggs into a bowl then add the milk and whisk lightly until they are combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat then melt the butter until it foams, then turn the heat down to low and slowly pour in the eggs. Slowly stir the eggs from the outside of the pan to the centre regularly. Once the eggs begin to set, stirring slowly will create large, cloud-like curds. This process takes about 10-15 minutes. Once the eggs are cooked to your liking, season with a few turns of black pepper and salt.
- Toast the bread then top with slices of avocado then the scrambled eggs and serve.