Serves 6, 10 minutes Preparation
Spring has sprung, and this delicious salad will put a spring in your step too!
For the Salad:
- 6 Hard-Boiled Eggs
- 100g Watercress
- 200g Lettuce leaves
- 100g Rocket leaves
- 150g Boiled Baby Potatoes
- Sprig of Fresh Mint
- 100g Radish
- 100g fresh Cherry Tomatoes
- Grated Parmesan, amount to preference
For the Dressing:
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Half a Lemon
- 1 tbsp Salad cream
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- To make the New Potatoes, wash and then cook the New Potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 15 minutes until soft, and then drain and allow to cool.
- To make the Hard-Boiled eggs, in a separate large pan of boiling water place the whole Eggs (in its shell) into the water and boil for 8-10 minutes.
- Once cooked scoop the eggs from the water and allow to cool.
- Whilst the potatoes and eggs cook, prepare the salad by placing the Lettuce, Watercress and Rocket in a large bowl, and chop the Radish, and Cherry Tomatoes and toss with the salad.
- Once the potatoes are cool slice into quarters and toss with a slice of butter and some chopped Mint, then add to the salad.
- To remove the egg shells, gently roll the egg in the palm of your hands until the shell starts to crack. Pick the egg shell off until only the white eggs remain.
- Slice the eggs into quarters then place onto the salad.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan on top of the salad.
- To make the dressing, in a separate bowl mix the juice of half a lemon with the Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, Salad Cream and Mayonnaise and mix together.
- Serve as a main or as a side dish.