Serves 6, 5 mins preparation, 15 mins cooking
Tomato and basil soup is a true classic that everyone loves and you can make your own batch of it in no time thanks to our easy recipe.
- 2 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 400ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 18 leaves fresh basil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 250ml low fat creme fraiche or natural yogurt
- Simmer the tomatoes and stock for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and basil and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add more sugar if required.
- Stir in cream and butter until the butter has melted. Blend slightly (not essential) season to taste.