Serves 6, 15 minutes Preparation (excluding marinating time), 30 minutes Cooking
Liven up your mealtime with these sticky, zingy prawns. Made with lime and rum, this recipe for Prawn and Rum Salad will give you a pure taste of Summer!
- 2 Limes
- 1 Red Chilli
- 90ml Rum
- Few sprigs of Fresh Mint
- 180g Soft Light Brown Sugar
- Drizzle of Cooking Oil
- 25 raw large Prawns
- Mixed Salad
- Juice and grate the zest of the Limes.
- In a small saucepan heat the Lime juice and zest, Rum and Soft Brown Sugar over a medium heat, stirring gently and slowly.
- Once the sugar has fully dissolved, turn down the heat and allow the mixture to cool until it turns thick and syrupy.
- In a dish place the Uncooked Prawns and pour on the cooled Rum syrup and allow to marinate for up to 4 hours, or overnight.
- Save a little extra marinade for use as a dipping sauce with the meal.
- When the prawns have marinated, in a large frying pan fry the Chillies and cook the prawns on a low heat for 15 minutes, until pink on the outside and white inside and cooked through.
- Serve the Rum Prawns with the Fresh Mint and Salad and the saved dipping sauce.