Serves 4, 10 minutes preparation, 50 minutes cooking
A hearty Mexican dish that’s so delicious it has to be shared. Add extra spice if your taste buds can take it!
- 4 medium (about 180-200g each) sweet potatoes
- 150g natural yogurt
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Small bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime, plus extra lime halves, to serve
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp mild chilli powder
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp mild olive oil
- 4 boneless pork loin steaks
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and cook for 45 minutes, until soft. Cover with foil and keep warm. While they're cooking, mix the yogurt with the chilli, coriander and lime zest.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Mix the cumin, paprika, chilli powder, garlic, sugar and oil together in a large bowl. Add the pork and turn to coat. Place the pork steaks, spaced apart, on a foil-lined baking tray and grill for about 6 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked but still juicy.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into wedges and serve with the grilled pork steaks, a lime half and the yogurt on the side. Add a mixed salad, if you like.