Serves 2, 30 minutes preparation, 10 minutes cooking
The perfect 10 minute meal. It’s Mexican, packed fully of flavour and is best served with guacamole and sour cream. Quesadillas make the perfect dish to share with friends.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 150g/5oz Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese, grated
- leftover cooked chicken, shredded, or other cold meat such as turkey
- ½ green pepper, seeds removed, finely diced
- ½ red pepper, seeds removed, finely diced
- small handful coriander leaves, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- soured cream, to serve
- Lay two of the tortillas out on a flat surface. Top each with the cheese, followed by the chicken, peppers and coriander. Place the remaining tortillas on top and press down gently.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium hot and add one of the quesadillas to the pan. Fry, without adding any oil, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until the tortilla is crisp, the cheese melted and the chicken heated through thoroughly. Keep warm whilst you cook the second quesadillas.
- To serve, cut the quesadillas into quarters arrange on plates.