Serves 4-6, 15 minutes preparation, 30 minutes cooking
Inject some sunshine into your meals in autumn and winter with our bright pumpkin and orange soup.
- 375g (13oz) pumpkin, peeled and roughly chopped (you can also use butternut squash)
- 150g (5oz) carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 300g (11oz) onion, roughly chopped
- 1.3 litres (2¼ pt) vegetable stock (or chicken stock for non-veggies)
- 100g red lentils
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Finely-grated rind and juice of 1 large orange
- Put all the ingredients except the orange in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer gently on the hob for 20-25 mins or until all the vegetables are very tender.
- Leave the soup to cool slightly before pureeing in a blender or food processor. Stir in the grated orange rind and juice and adjust seasoning to taste before serving.