Makes 20+ biscuits, 10 minutes preparation, 10 minutes cooking
Our mini mature cheddar biscuits are super simple to make and are perfect to serve with drinks when you have friends over.
- 115g plain flour
- 55g grated strong cheese (cheddar is best)
- 55g unsalted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of paprika or mustard powder (for those that like a little spice)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Blend the flour, cheese and butter in a food processor until it looks like fine crumbs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and add the paprika or mustard powder for an additional kick!
- Add the egg yolk to the food processor and pulse until it forms a soft ball. You may need to add a little water to encourage the ball to form – if you do need to add it by the ½ tsp so you don’t make the mixture too wet.
- Roll the mix on a lightly floured board to a thickness of 8mm and cut the biscuits out using your choice or cutter – round, oval or flower-shaped works well.
- Place the biscuits on a non-stick tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.