Serves 6, 10 minutes preparation
A classic combination makes this salad really tasty and it is the perfect starter for an Italian-themed meal.
- 3 large Beef tomatoes or 6 salad tomatoes, sliced
- 225 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 60ml cup olive oil
- 60ml cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Arrange the salad by placing alternative slices of tomato and mozzarella slices, on a large serving platter.
- Combine oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Drizzle over tomatoes and mozzarella then sprinkle the basil over the top and serve in the middle of the table so everyone can help themselves.