Serves 2, 10 minutes Preparation, 15 Minutes Cooking
Celebrate St George's Day with a fiery dish! A warming twist on a classic, our spicy Dragon Egg Omelette is sure to put some fire in your belly!
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 large Tomato, chopped
- 1 large Mushroom, chopped
- 1/2 Green Chilli, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 Red Chilli, seeded and sliced
- 1 pinch of Chilli Powder
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- Handful of Spinach
- Salt and Black Pepper seasoning, to taste
- Heat the butter in a large, non-stick frying pan.
- Chop and fry the Onions and Mushrooms for 5 minutes, until softened.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs, then mix in the Green and Red Chillies and chopped Tomatoes with a pinch of Chilli Powder.
- Pour the mixture into the frying pan over the onions and mushrooms and sprinkle in the Spinach.
- Cook both sides of the Dragon Egg Omelette on a low heat for 10 minutes, flipping the omelette half way through using a spatula.
- When both sides are golden yellow take the Omelette off the heat.
- Serve the Dragon Egg Omelette immediately, with a glass of water!