Serves 4, 10 minutes prep, 15 minutes cookingThese oven-baked chicken goujons are a delicious and healthy alternative to chicken nuggets that both adults and children with love. Ready in under 30 minutes our recipe is perfect for a quick dinner or a tasty lunchtime snack.
- 500g skinless chicken breast fillets/500g mini chicken fillets
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 1tbsp milk
- 175g breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan oven/Gas Mark 9
- If using whole chicken breast fillets rather then mini fillets, slice the chicken into strips and place into a bowl.
- Beat the egg and the milk together in a bowl and place the breadcrumbs and the flour (seasoned with salt and pepper) into separate bowls.
- Roll the chicken strips in the seasoned flour to coat and shake off any excess flour before dipping in the egg then finally coating the strips in the breadcrumbs. Once coated place the strips onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake the goujons in the over for 15 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Serve with boiled new potatoes or oven chips and a crispy salad for a delicious meal. Alternatively, serve with mayonnaise and tomato sauce dips for lunch.