Serves 4, 20 minutes Preparation
Charoset, or Apple and Walnut pudding, is a traditional dessert enjoyed for Passover.
- 2 tsps ground Cinnamon
- 5 medium sweet Apples
- 150g Walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Optional: Sweet Red Wine
- O9ptional 1 tsp brown sugar, to sweeten
- Peel, core and chop the Apples into small chunks and place in a bowl.
- Finely chop the walnuts and add these to the apple.
- Mix in the Cinnamon and honey, and add the sugar to sweeten to taste.
- If doing so, pour in the sweet red wine.
- Blitz the mixture in a food processor for fine Charoset, or leave whole.
- Enjoy as a pudding on its own, or as an accompaniment.