Makes 1 tray, 10-15 mins prep, 25 mins cooking
Our sumptuous chocolate brownies are fabulous served warm after dinner with ice cream but are equally delicious when enjoyed cold and make a great addition to a picnic or lunchbox.
- 375g caster sugar
- 5 eggs
- 275g butter
- 95g cocoa powder
- 95g plain white flour
- 275g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 125g white chocolate broken into pieces or chocolate chips
- 95g pecan nuts, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C then lightly butter a high sided baking tin and line with baking paper.
2. Whisk together the eggs and caster sugar to create light foam then melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl placed over a pan of boiling water. Stir continuously until completely melted and be careful not to over heat the chocolate as this will cause it to split. Once melted remove from the heat.
3. Sieve the flour and cocoa powder together into a large mixing bowl and fold into the egg mixture carefully before adding the melted butter and chocolate mix.
4. Roughly chop the pecan nuts and the white chocolate and add the mixture – if you are using white chocolate chips simply add them whole.
5. Pour the mixture into the baking tray and bake for 25 minutes until the brownies are baked and set.
6. Allow to cool slightly before cutting - but brownies are best served warm! - then dust with cocoa powder and serve with vanilla ice cream for a delicious, gooey treat!