Serves 6, 15 minutes preparation, 3 hours cooking
- 200g good quality plain chocolate
- 100ml milk
- 400ml double cream
- 150g strawberries (or other seasonal fruit) sliced for serving
- 6 ramekins or small bowls to serve
- Carefully melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water – don’t let it burn as this will impair the flavour.
- In a separate pan heat the milk until it is boiling, then whisk in melted chocolate. Once combined, leave it to cool.
- Whip 350ml of cream until soft peak stage (not really stiff but if you lift the whist out the cream does rise up with it into soft peaks in the bowl), then fold it into cooled chocolate.
- Reserve 6 strawberries for decoration, slice the rest and layer into the bottom of the 6 serving ramekins or small bowls.
- Evenly spoon the mousse mixture on top then whip the remaining cream and put it on top of the mousses then top with the remaining sliced strawberries.