Serves 4, 10 minutes preparation, 5 minutes cooking
It’s quick and it’s easy but this classic Italian starter makes for a great lunch or snack.
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 500g pack mushrooms, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ x 300g tub garlic & herb soft cheese
- 150ml hot vegetable stock
- 2 small baguettes, sliced open and halved
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then tip in the mushrooms and garlic and cook for 3 mins.
- Stir in the soft cheese and the stock and simmer for 2 mins.
- Lightly toast the baguettes, top with the warm mushrooms and a grinding of black pepper then serve - delicious!