Serves 4, 15 minutes preparation, 1 hour cooking
An easy vegetarian Italian-style dish that everyone will love and great for a meat-free meal.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 aubergine, cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper
- 8 plum tomatoes, halved
- 350ml passata
- 200g ready-cooked lasagne sheets
- 6 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- Toss oil and vegetables together and roast in a large, shallow tin for 35 mins until lightly charred. Spoon a layer of roasted veg over the bottom of a medium-size baking dish.
- Pour over some passata and cover with a layer of lasagne sheets. Repeat layers to use up all the roasted veg and passata, finishing with a layer of lasagne. Use a spoon to dollop over the crème fraîche, then sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Return to the oven for 25 mins, until the lasagne is heated through, the pasta sheets are cooked and the top is golden and bubbling.
- Serve with a salad, some garlic bread and some chips if you fancy!