Serves 6, 5 minutes prep, 35 minutes cooking
A delicious, filling Vegetable Chilli that your friends and family will love tucking into. For a milder chilli simply halve (or quarter!) the amount of chilli powder. Serve the dish with fluffy rice, tortilla chips and a selection of dips for a tasty meal.
1 Cauliflower, leaves and stalks removed and cut into florets; 2 Large Onions, peeled and sliced; 2tbsp Vegetable Oil, for frying; 3 Garlic Cloves, peeled and crushed; 2tsp Paprika; 2tsp Chilli Powder; 3tbsp Tomato Purée; 1 tin of Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed with cold water; 2 tins of Chopped Tomatoes; 300ml Vegetable Stock
1. Cook the cauliflower in a large pan of boiling, lightly salted water for 4-5 minutes until al dente then drain.
2. At the same time, fry the onions in the vegetable oil for around 5 minutes until softened.
3. Add the garlic and dried spices to the onion and fry for a further minute. Add the beans, tomato puree, chopped tomatoes and stock and stir before bringing to the boil then simmering for 15 minutes.
4. Whilst the pan is simmering, fry the cauliflower florets in a little oil until browned then add them to the sauce.
5. Taste, season as necessary and serve hot with some fluffy rice.