Makes 10, 5 minutes prep, 15 minutes cooking
Make our tempting cheese straws and enjoy the crispy snacks as part of your lunch or serve as part of a party buffet – be sure to make enough as they are so tasty they are guaranteed to go quickly.
- 250g ready made puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 75g grated cheddar or parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Roll out puff pastry to a 20cm rectangle. Sprinkle the grated parmesan or cheddar on top, fold over and roll out to 16cm.
- Cut the rolled pastry into strips and twist each strip at either end to create the cheese straw.
- Place the straws onto a baking sheet, brush with the egg wash and put into preheated oven for 15 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven, place onto a cooling rack and serve warm.