Serves 4, 5 minutes prep, 30-35 minutes cooking
Our Carrot and Orange ‘sunshine’ soup is packed full of vitamin C and is great served with some crusty bread or your favourite sandwich at lunchtime. It is also perfect for impressing your friends when they come round for dinner and is guaranteed to whet their appetite for your main course!
- 450g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 leeks, peeled and chopped
- 1200ml vegetable stock (stock cubes or jellied stock pots are fine)
- 3tsp ground coriander
- 2tbsp fresh cream to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add the leeks and carrots and sweat for about 10 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Stir in the ground coriander and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the stock to the pan, bring to the boil then simmer for around 15 minutes until the leeks and carrots are tender.
- Remove from the heat then puree the soup and check the seasoning.
- Serve with a drizzle of cream – delicious!